1. Write it down, and try to summarise your thoughts and feelings in a short paragraph in your journal.
2. When you find yourself overthinking again, interrupt your thinking by distracting yourself.
3. Set aside a specific time, allow yourself to process the issue.
4. Remind yourself that many problems have a way of working themselves out, distract your thinking interrupting your thought process.
5. Change your scenery, go outside and see the world, visit a friend.
6. Engage your brain in a demanding task.
7. Workout, do yard work, do something physical.
"Overthinking is the biggest cause of our unhappiness. Keep yourself occupied. Keep your mind off things that don’t help you. Be optimistic." — Unknown