1. Share your Feelings: Telling someone that you trust your feelings helps reduce the inner tension that you have growing inside.(It is vital that you share with someone that cares about you. )
2. Manage your levels of stress: If we are always in a state of feeling overstressed, then it is hard to navigate through life. We tend to overthink, overreact and have a negative mindset...this over time starts to drain our energy. Reflect on your lifestyle and see what can be dropped or tweaked. You may have too much going on and not enough time to relax.
3. Work on improving your self-esteem: Self Esteem is the way we see and feel about ourselves. A lot of things in everyday life undermine our self-esteem. (Check out my Book SELF COMPASSION - The Power of Forgiving Yourself to get a better understanding of your self- esteem and how to improve it.) For Example, putting high expectations on ourselves to meet deadlines, arguing with our partner, or doing a poor job at work. We must keep working on our self-esteem by making quality time for ourselves and acknowledging when we do things right.
“Someone said adversity builds character, but someone else said adversity reveals character. I’m pleasantly surprised with my resilience. I persevere, and not just blindly. I take the best, get rid of the rest, and move on, realizing that you can make a choice to take the good.” – Brooke Shields
4. Make healthy lifestyle choices: Be mindful of your diet and how much exercise you are getting. Try to limit alcohol and make time to get enough sleep.
5. Make good connections: Do your friends bring you joy? Do you enjoy others company? Are your friends the type of people that have your best interests in mind? Do they treat you and your time with respect? Do they help boost you up when times are rough? If you answered NO to one or more of these questions, it might be time to find some new friends.
6. Make ME time: Doing things that we enjoy helps boost the way we feel about ourselves and life in general. Build-in little things like maybe getting your favorite creamer for your coffee, enjoying a good book, going to a sporting event, or taking time to enjoy the outdoors.